The purposes of this assignment are to:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Interview a family using a structure based on one of the theoretical frameworks;
- Assess how issues impact the Hispanic family system based on a selected model;
There are two parts to this assignment: a family interview and an assessment paper.
In Week 2, perform an interview of the volunteer family identified in Week 1 using a structure based on one of the theoretical frameworks covered in the course:
- Human validation
Then, in a paper:
- Assess how issues impact the Hispanic family system based on the selected mode
- Provide your critical reflection of practice competencies and its multicultural practice application
- Construct a genogram and an ecomap of the family.
Discuss the following and organize your family assessment paper as follows:
I – Assessment
Prepare your interview questions by including the following aspects:
- Family background and impacts of family issues: Briefly provide the family background, and discuss how Hispanic family issues affect individuals and other family members’ social and psychological functioning (attach both genogram and ecomap as appendix)
- The types and quality of relationships depicted in the genogram and the ecomap
- The stage of the family life cycle (see Goldenberg, Stanton, & Goldenberg, 2017, pp. 33-34)
- The strengths and vulnerabilities of the Hispanic family
- Cultural elements: What are the effects that ethnicity and diversity have on the family, within the family, and its environmental systems (i.e. common characteristics, values about seeking help, the impact of race, class, religion, gender roles, historical factors).
II – Personal & Professional Critical Reflection
A critical reflection of practice competencies (e.g., any insights gained in applying the selected theoretical framework for assessing the family) and multicultural practice application – particularly in Hispanic culture based on the experience of the interview and this assignment.
III – References
APA format reference page(s) with 4 -5 scholarly sources.
IV – Appendices
- Interview questions. Be clear and culturally sensitive (review the aspects covered under Assessment)
- Genogram and ecomap of the family
The paper should: