CME4406 Assignment, 2019 Spring
Write a Metadata Extractor for multimedia files.
Deadline: 10 May 2019
- You can use one of the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java and Python. You can use any IDE you want. If you want to code in a different language, you must ASK first.
- You CAN NOT use any library, package or function that directly extracts the metadata from the files. You can use some utility libraries such as file i/o.
- You should consider only wav, gif and jpeg files.
- You must show your working code on your computer during class hours at a schedule to be announced later.
- You have to code and complete the assignment individually.
For the WAV file:
- Chunk Size (File size-8 Bytes)
- Channel No
- Sampling Rate
- Bits per Sample For the GIF file:
- Image Resolution (Width x Height)
- Background Color
- Number of Images in GIF animation For the JPEG file:
- File size
- Big/Little Endian
- Whether image was processed outside camera (APP segment)