For this assignment, the Caduceus CTO, Eliza, has asked you to create a working proof of concept.
Step 1: Create an AWS Educate Account
CMIT 495 requires you to complete hands-on assignments in a virtual environment. We will be using Amazon Web Services (AWS) as our virtual environment. Amazon offers a free account for those that register. The AWS Educate Video below provides step-by-step instructions with visuals on how to register for a free AWS Educate account:
Step 2: Download the Week 1 Assignment Template
Watch the video and download the template from the Virtualization Assignment Resources page.
Step 3: Install and Configure a Virtual Machine
You will need to provide a detailed overview of the steps required to install the Ubuntu server operating system on the virtual machine, including screenshots of each step in the process in the Week 1 Assignment Template.
For information on installing and configuring a virtual machine:
- Search for and use AWS documentation and tutorials for instructions and guidance to complete the assignments.
- Consult the AWS Connection Documentation in order to connect to the Ubuntu server.
Step 4: Complete the Week 1 Assignment Template and Upload to the Assignment Folder
Answer the questions and embed the appropriate screenshots of your Ubuntu server installation. When providing a detailed overview of the steps required to install the Ubuntu server operating system on the virtual machine, make sure to include screenshots of each step in the process. Further details and instructions are included within the Week 1 Assignment Template.
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
- 1.1.3: Present ideas in a clear, logical order appropriate to the task.
- 1.4.1: Produce grammatically correct material in standard academic English that supports communication.
- 2.3.1: State conclusions or solutions clearly and precisely.
- 11.1.3: Install the software.
- 11.2.1: Configure technology according to stakeholder specifications and requirements.
- 11.3.1: Add and update systems as required.
- 13.2.1: Evaluate vendor recommendations in the context of organization requirements.
When complete, export your file as a PDF and upload it to the LEO Assignments folder (e.g., Project 1 – Virtualization Assignment).