Nursing practice is both an art and a science with caring as a central concept to nursing practice and the profession of nursing. Caring is influenced by the nurse’s knowledge, skills, and attitudes formed through life long learning and experiences. The purpose of this assessment is to explore definitions of caring in nursing. Students will create a definition of caring and an artistic expression of their perception on caring.
Criteria for Content
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Take a moment to reflect on how you demonstrate caring in your current professional practice.
- Create an original artistic representation of your perception on caring in nursing.
- Drawings should be formatted on an 8 x 10 document and submitted as a PDF
- Poems or short-story – word document 1 page in length
- In a one- to two-page written paper, address the following.
- The importance of caring to nursing practice and the profession
- A personal definition of caring; include principles of holistic care
- Definitions of caring found in nursing literature that support your perspective on caring
- An explanation of the artistic expression you chose and how it represents caring
- Summary of key concepts presented in the paper Preparing the paper
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used