Effects of News Media Assignment Options
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
** Reminder – the late period in this class is only 2 days **
** Note – Use of “research” from outside of this course – particularly web searches – does not fulfill the “course materials” requirement. Use our materials and cite them properly. **
Review the Week 4 readings and videos.
Select and complete one of the following assignment options:
Write a 1,050-1400-word essay in which you discuss how the information and news media have affected American culture.
Answer the following questions:
- Does the information media have social responsibility? If yes, in what ways? If not, why not? Draw upon and cite course material. (25 points)
- What is the role of the information and news media in the shaping of political opinions? Draw upon and cite course material. (25 points)
- How have electronic media and their convergence transformed journalism and news consumption? Draw upon and cite course material. (25 points)
- Illustrate your responses with specific examples.
Research the events surrounding the airing and aftermath of the investigative news story “For the Record,” produced by CBS news and Dan Rather in 2004.
Based on your research of what actually unfolded, write a 1050- to 1400-word summary of the events and your opinion as to whether or not CBS news should have aired the program. Defend your position based on your understanding of the social responsibilities of journalists.
Include the following in your summary:
- Summary of the events and your opinion as to whether or not CBS news should have aired the program. (15 points)
- An assessment regarding how information media affect American values. Draw upon and cite course material. (25 points)
- A description of the role of the news media in politics Draw upon and cite course material. (25 points)
- An evaluation of the effect of electronic media on this story. (10 points)
For either option, Incorporate these guidelines:
- You must separate the topics in your paper with at least first-level headings, and second-level headings where appropriate. See the APA sample paper in the library for details.
- Be sure to fully address each of the bullet points indicated above.
- The purpose of your paper is to demonstrate the application of the knowledge you have gained in this week’s materials by applying that knowledge to a real-world example. As such, your paper should engage heavily with course theory, materials, and language. Cite them where you use them.
- Your paper should include an appropriate introduction which offers background to the topic, previews your main points, and includes a clear central idea.
- Your paper should include an appropriate conclusion that reviews the major points and flows logically from the content of the body.
- Your main points should be clear, logical, and well-supported.
- Your paper should be well written, including appropriate transitions, tone, and flow.
- Your paper should have proper mechanics including spelling, grammar, and appropriate use of APA citation style and references.
- Special note on spelling: EACH error that a spellchecker would have caught will cost you an EXTRA 1% off of your possible points on the paper. PROOFREAD AND SPELLCHECK.
- Your paper should be entirely your own original work, except where specifically indicated otherwise by the use of citations.
***Reading Material attached***