Final Capstone Project Annotated Bibliography
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Review the Final Capstone Project instructions found within the Final Capstone Project link. To help with the preparation of the proposal, complete the following and submit it to your instructor for feedback:
- Topics: Select a topic of interest to you, in creating a Community Development Plan. See Final Capstone Project guidelines for instruction.
- Thesis: Develop your thesis statement. This will become the point or perspective you will argue or prove in the paper. Please see the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, for information on how to develop a solid thesis.
- APA Reference Page: For this paper you need to do research in peer-reviewed journals or other sources that are considered to have reliable information. In addition to the textbook, you need at least five professional scholarly sources. You are reminded of the Academic Research standards for all Ashford University Papers.
Academic research and papers must meet certain standards of quality recognized by the academic community. What constitutes quality, academic research?
- Primary sources which are documents from the time period being discussed.
- Secondary sources supported by research in primary sources
- Credible sources (experts in the area of study)
- Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area of study)
- In graduate work, the use of peer-reviewed journal articles (journal articles reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant field of study) is required.
- Educational and Government websites may be appropriate in some cases but should be evaluated carefully.
The paper must be two to three pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources (at least two of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page.
Heres the instructions for the final.
Final Capstone Project
For your final capstone project you will create a professional electronic portfolio that can be used to help with future job obtainment or promotions. You are encouraged to draw upon research and assignments from previous Law Enforcement Administration courses to create your e-portfolio. Using Microsoft Word, you will include all of the following components in this electronic portfolio:
- Cover page
- Table of contents
- Cover letter and resume for a potential job or promotion (two to three pages)
If you do not have a specific job in mind, you may use your hometown as your place of employment.
- Code of Conduct and Effective Leadership (one to two pages)
In LEA316: Ethics in Law Enforcement, you wrote a final paper analyzing ethical theories and your moral beliefs. Drawing upon your research for this paper and the topics covered in this capstone, write a code of conduct that you think every police officer should follow. Then, explain how this code of conduct promotes good leadership and integrity in law enforcement officers.
- Community Development Plan (six to eight pages)
You are the leader of your agency’s planning and research division and have been asked to present a critical analysis of policing as it will appear ten years into the future. Write a report based on peer-reviewed research. Refer to the for the required components of this portion of your e-portfolio.
- Technology Proposal (one to two pages)
Identify three types of technology that will be useful for your hometown agency to adopt in the future in order to maintain an effective law enforcement agency. Please use research to explain.
- Reference Page
You may also include a writing sample from a previous Law Enforcement Administration Course. Look back through your previous course work and choose a paper or project that best showcases your work. Many employers will want to see a writing sample. Make sure you revise your work using the feedback you received in order to make the paper/project the best it can be. Please not that this is not a requirement.
The paper must be at least ten pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources (at least three from the Ashford Online Library) other than the course text to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Capstone Project
The Final Capstone Project:
- Must be at least ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.