In your paper, address the following points:
· Where are you from (where you grew up) and did your home town, state, or country influence your political beliefs?
· How did you learn about government growing up?
· How did the area of the country or the world you’re from help determine your political socialization (“political socialization” being a term from our first unit referring how the attitudes, beliefs, and understanding of one’s government is transmitted to new generations)?
· What influenced (and how) your political socialization—your parents, your religion, your peers, your school, the media?
· If 18 or older and a citizen, are you registered to vote and have you voted before? Why or why not?
· Did you or did you not vote in the 2018 general election (and why)?
· If you are not a citizen, do you plan to be and will you vote? Regarding voting, why or why not? Who would you have voted for in the presidential race if you could have voted?
· Do you consider yourself a Republican or Democrat? Other? No party? Independent voter? Why do you identify with a party or do not do so?
· Were your parents active in a political party; if so, which one? Are you active or identify with the same party? If different from your parents in this regard, why did you change?
· Did follow the campaigns for the 2018 general election and, if so, how did you follow the campaigns: Television? Newspapers or magazines? Internet? Social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.)? Talking with friends and family? Other? Have you been following politics and government in Texas? Have you been following national politics and issues about the Trump Administration president? If so, how?
· How closely do you follow U.S. national politics and government? What are some of the most important issues our nation today with which our government must deal? Perhaps one of the most controversial is the Trump presidency and allegations of wrongdoing that have been investigated over the past several months by a team of investigators and federal prosecutors led by the former head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Robert Mueller. That investigation lasted an entire year and the report was recently completed and turned over to the Attorney General of the United States. What is your opinion of President Trump and his performance? What is your opinion of the Mueller investigation? What should be done by the federal government in response to the determinations reached by the Mueller investigatory team? Should the president be impeached (why or why not)? Do you support the reelection of President Trump? What has he done wrong…what has he done right, in your opinion?
· Do closely do you follow news about our national government? How do you do follow the news about government and politics? What issues are important to you, to your family, to your friends and why? Talk to your family and friends and ask them what they thing and include that in your paper.
Please read and write about your reactions to the following two articles from The Washington Post about Mr. Trump and the Mueller investigation (be sure to include a parenthetical citation when quoting or paraphrasing information from the articles): https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/muellers-report-paints-a-damning-portrait-of-trumps-presidency/2019/04/18/d7f52726-61f7-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html?utm_term=.20af00c21f49&wpisrc=nl_politics&wpmm=1 and https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/paranoia-lies-and-fear-trumps-presidency-laid-bare-by-mueller-report/2019/04/18/3379c49a-571b-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html?utm_term=.96b9f93e0384&wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1
President Obama, in his first public appearance after leaving office, told a group of young Americans that they (you) will be responsible for the course of this country, and that it is the duty of young citizens to become involved, that it is the cost of citizenship in this country to do so. How do you feel about that statement and your role as a citizen in this country?
You do NOT have to do any research other than the Mueller report and President TrumP (unless you wish to do more research in order to support other key points you address in the paper) However, if you decide to DO outside research and include it in your paper you MUST show where you got the material. You don’t need to use a formal system like MLA or APA, or Turabian. You may simply, in parentheses after “quoting” the material from the outside source tell me where you got it.
You are to present in this essay your opinions and thoughtson what you know, where you learned it in general, and why you’ve made the decisions you did about voting and arrived at the opinions you had about political issues.
PROVIDE THE word count at the end of the paper.
MINIMUM OF 1000 WORDS
In your paper, address the following points: