How can a crisis situation make collaboration and trust stronger in a group? Why does this happen? How can staff development improve rapport among colleagues and build trust across departments?
AMP-450V Module 5 Connected Health and the Digital Age of Medicine
Leadership and Vocation – Data-Driven Decision Making: Incorporating the Evidence
Grand Canyon University
Explore the technology systems offered by Nanthealth, a provider of “telehealth” and health management services via the following link:
Prepare a brief (8-10 slides) PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
1.Identify at least two technology innovations to connect patients, providers, and insurers across the care continuum.
2.Describe how the technologies work to provide patients and providers with data necessary for health care decision making.
3.Discuss how the real-time data encourages outcome-focused planning.
4.Predict what impact the technology will have on future health care delivery. Provide rationale and examples.
Presentations must include speakers’ notes on each slide, as well as references for the presentation. A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment. The slide count (8-10 slides) does not include the introduction and References slide(s).
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Envision what the health care system of 2030 might look like? Describe at least two technological advancements that would be available to patients. How would technology help providers make health care decisions? How would patients and families interact with providers from their homes or in their communities? What would health care systems be able to do “in real time?”
NOTE: As for all work in this class, the final exam must be original work developed by the student solely for use in this class and must conform to academic policies.
Respond to the following questions with sufficient detail to demonstrate that you understand the material presented in this course. Together, your responses should total about 2 pages, single-spaced. Do NOT include any direct quotations, but write everything in your own words. Remember that your arguments are best supported by credible resources. The most thorough and complete responses will include supporting data, dates and ideas from sources beyond the course material. If you include any dates or any concepts from another source you must include an APA in-text citation and a reference page, in APA format, added to your paper. This exam has a total of 100 points, distributed among the questions as shown below. The exam counts for 10% of your final grade. It is to be submitted via your Assignment folder as a Word document (or a document that can be read using Microsoft Word) before the due date/time shown in the class schedule.
- Explain how an organization can insure its information systems are designed to enable their strategic outcomes. (20 points)
- Select a standard used to share data among different health information systems and explain how it works, tell when it became a standard, and identify the standard’s authorizing body. Use of at least one resource other than the course materials is required. (20 points)
- Explain how technology solutions in the health care industry improve the quality of care, safety and financial management decisions. (30 points)
- List and define one legal, one ethical and one regulatory policy issue associated with health care and explain how each would be accommodated in a health care information system. If your answer incudes a standard, regulation or law, you should provide any relevant dates as to when they went into effect. (30 points)
In this week, you will focus on the opportunities in the clinical versus management tracts.
Using the Online Library or the Internet, research the clinical and management tracts for nursing advancement.
Based on your research, complete the following tasks as a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document:
- Discuss at least three advancement opportunities you have as a professional nurse with a BSN.
- Compare the opportunities in the clinical versus management tracts.
- Describe the track that you will choose to pursue and provide reasons for your choice.
Use APA 6th Edition when formatting your assignment.
Name your document SU_NSG3005_W1_A3_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.