Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. Students should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in their academic work.)
Ritter, L.A., Graham, D.H. (2017). Multicultural Health (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
Chapters 11 and 12
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s locate and read the article(s) below:
- Arritt, T. (2014). Caring for patients of different religions. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 12(6), 38-45.
- Hudson, C.C., Adams, S., Lauderdale, J. (2016). Cultural expressions of intergenerational trauma and mental health nursing implications for U.S. health care delivery following refugee resettlement: An integrative review of the literature. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 27(3), 286-301. doi: 10.1177/1043659615587591.
- View the videoss below:
- TEDx Talks. (2014, May 30). Decoding the unique medical needs of the Amish | Kevin Strauss | TEDxLancaster [Video file]. Retrieved from Decoding the unique medical needs of the Amish | Kevin Strauss | TEDxLancaster (Links to an external site.)
- Page, R. (2014, July 16). PIER-Meeting the Healthcare Needs of American Muslims [Video file]. Retrieved from PIER-Meeting the Healthcare Needs of American Muslims (Links to an external site.)
Respond to the Case Study presented in Chapter 12 (p. 286) about direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription drugs. What impact have you observed in the populations you serve in your nursing practice? Comment on the ethics of this practice, in terms of autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence, and justice.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. YRead