Risk assessment is the process of forensic mental health professionals for determining the risk that a sex offender presents to the community at large.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Using resources from the professional literature, research risk assessment tools used with the sex offender population. The literature may include the online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu and .gov).
In a 3- to 4-page paper in a Microsoft Word document, address the following:
- Identify two reasons that a forensic mental health professional would be called to complete a risk assessment for a sex offender.
- Explain why risk assessment measures are widely used with the sex offender population. What do assessment measures hope to achieve?
- Describe two types of risk assessment instruments or methods utilized with the sex offender population. What is the research support for utilization of these instruments?
- Discuss the reasons that a sex offender is compared to other sex offenders when conducting a sex offender risk assessment.
- Identify one or more specific risk assessment measures utilized for female sex offenders.