To Prepare for this Discussion:
· Read the Learning Resources concerning treating childhood abuse ( Below)
· Read the Child Abuse Case Study in the Learning Resources.
· What strategies would you employ to assess the patient for abuse? Explain why you selected these strategies.
· How might exposure to the media and/or social media affect the patient?
· What type of mandatory reporting (if any) is required in this case? Why?
Learning Resources ( Need 3 references).
Thapar, A., Pine, D. S., Leckman, J. F., Scott, S., Snowling, M. J., & Taylor, E. A. (2015). Rutter’s child and adolescent psychiatry (6th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Blackwell.
- Chapter 50, “Provision of Intensive Treatment: Intensive Outreach, Day Units, and In-Patient Units” (pp. 648–664)
- Chapter 58, “Disorders of Attachment and Social Engagement Related to Deprivation” (pp. 795–805)
- Chapter 59, “Post Traumatic Stress Disorder” (pp. 806–821)
- Chapter 64, “Suicidal Behavior and Self-Harm” (pp. 893–912)
- “Trauma- and Stressor-related Disorders”
Pfefferbaum, B., & Shaw, J. A. (2013). Practice parameter on disaster preparedness. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 52(11), 1224–1238. Retrieved from http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(13)00550-9/pdf
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1216–1226)