Now that you have chosen your research question (Is socially mediated reinforcement associated with children and compulsive eating behavior.) spend some time sharing your research question and your experiences using the library databases.
(Write a discussion post elaborating on these questions and answers).
1. What topic and research question did you pursue? Autism in children and compulsive eating disorder.
2. How is your research question relevant to your passions and interests in psychology and to your purpose? It is relevant because I will be working with children experiencing this behavior.
3. Reflecting on the Library Research Knowledge Assessment, what skill areas were recommended for improvement and what skill areas did you do well on?
4. What strategies did you use to locate relevant articles? Made a research plan, focused on the psychology database, specified the most relevant key words for my search.
5. Did you find Boolean commands (for example, AND, OR) confusing? What tips would you give others for learning these commands? Used some Boolean commands to optimize my research topic and connect information. I would recommend studying the Boolean commands or have a Table to remind you of how to use them accurately.
6. What insights did you gather about your research question? This research question has been studied due to the increase number of cases in autism over the years and it is something that would benefit many individuals like stakeholders in these children’s life’s.
7. What conclusions did you come to about the role of research in your future career vision? There have been many studies done in my future career that are backed up by evidence based practices and insurance companies. Applied Behavior Analysis works. However, it is still a fairly new practice and there are always ways to improve patient outcomes by fathering research.