Watch the following 2 Frontline Videos, links posted here: The movie identified seven issues affecting our current healthcare system:
seven issues affecting our current healthcare system:
- Paying more, getting less
- Treating the whole person
- Preventing Disease
- An entrenched system
Please create a thoughtful and supported post addressing the points below. Let us all do our best to create thoughtful discussions and an open forum for all opinions.
- Pick 4 of the issues listed above and answer the following questions:
- How are these issues affecting our current system (spending/debt, Medicare, ACA, population health)?
- Who is responsible for these issues and correcting them?
- How can these issues be improved whether at a local/state (community health department), national (USDHHS), or global level (WHO)?
- Which of these issues fall under the Strategic Goals of the USDHHS and Healthy People 2020?
- What can we do as nurses?
- Your post should be at least 400 words.
- Use chapters 3 and 5 in your text and at least one scholarly article (not Wikipedia or a website).
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
The post and responses are valued at 75 points. Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.