Develop a policy for admission criteria for other units in the hospital (Emergency Department) in the hospital to refer to for suitable admission the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). This policy will encompass admission guidelines, defining who would make admission decisions.
Part 1: Professional Development and Reflection
- Describe your professional aspirations and explain how you intend to use the practicum experience to promote career change and/or enhance your professional development.
- Describe at least one objective to facilitate your professional growth, and explain the steps you could take to achieve the objective(s) during your practicum experience.
- Explain how you plan on assessing your progress toward reaching this professional objective.
- Describe how you will make reflection part of your Practicum Experience.
Part 2: Connections to Your Site
- Document specific objective(s) for the specific time frame.
- Describe a problem, issue, or situation that you have observed during your practicum experience (no more than a half page).
- Using no fewer than three peer-reviewed sources of evidence, analyze what you have observed within the context of your specialty using appropriate concepts, principles, and theories. Give special attention to observed events that vary from scholarly literature.
- Explain the degree to which the problem, situation, or issue was addressed in a manner that is consistent with the theory, concepts, and principles detailed in the evidence.
- Given the various evidence-based approaches that can be used in addressing the problem, situation, or issue, formulate a plan for approaching the matter differently.
- Explain how this problem, issue, or situation relates to, or helps you work toward, your professional aspirations and/or how it helps you enhance your performance.
- Include APA-formatted references immediately following the content.