Assignment: Faculty and Students as Vulnerable Populations: Can We Predict Violence with a Screening Tool?
Read the following articles (Article #1 and Article #2, See attachments), and watch the video noted below:
Note: If you are not able to watch the video, please see the attached document with the “Video transcript”.
- Article # 1: An Analysis of US School Shootings (1840–2015) (Paradice, 2017)
- Article # 2: Development of the SaFETy Score: A Clinical Screening Tool for Predicting Future Firearm Violence Risk (Goldstick et al., 2017).
Answer three of the following questions in your initial post. (Please include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post.)
- Has your community been directly affected by gun violence/mass shootings? Discuss the affects you have noted.
- Discuss what you believe to be the greatest risk factor(s) in your community that could be associated with a potential for violence.
- What are your thoughts about the Predictive Firearm Violence Risk Scale?
- Will you use this scale in your practice? Why or why not?
- What type of changes has your community made to help improve safety?
- What are your thoughts about the Columbine shooter’s mother’s TED Talk?
Note: I live in South Florida, Miami-Dade County.
– Please include at least 3 scholarly sources within your initial post.
– APA style.
(This is not a turnitin assignment)
Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse. I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.