Write a 3 page text paper that examines end-of-life issues in relationship to hospitals, professional ethics, and accrediting bodies.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Grading Rubric Must be Followed
Write a 3 page text paper that answers the following questions as it relates to the Tonya Archer Case Study:
- What are the most relevant end-of-life issues in health care ethics as they relate to this case?
- What should the hospital do? Should doctors simply keep Tonya on life support, as the parents want? Or, since all medical evidence indicates that Tonya’s brain damage is permanent, should life support be removed?
Support your answer with the following considerations in mind:
- Explain which principles of health care ethics and which moral theory are the best philosophical foundations for your view.
- Is your view supported by your professional code of ethics? If so, explain how. If not, explain what your code gets wrong about a case like this.
- Is your view consistent with the mission statement and values of the hospital you identified in your independent research you conducted to prepare to complete this assessment?
- Would an accrediting body, like the Joint Commission, support your choice? Why or why not?